Monday, 20 July 2015

Treblicious Shawl Pattern

I'm so excited, because I've actually written my very first crochet pattern!



It's a triangular shawl, worked from the bottom up, all in UK treble stitches, hence the name. The border is worked in UK double crochet, chains and slip stitches. It's quite a simple, basic pattern which should be easy enough for a beginner to attempt, but is equally suited to an experienced crocheter who perhaps wants a break from challenging projects.

There is enough of a pattern for it to show on a plain, single-coloured yarn, but it isn't so intricate that you need to worry about losing it if you decide to use a variegated yarn, as I have.

I made mine using a laceweight rainbow yarn from Cuddlebums with a 6mm hook, but really the yarn choice is up to you. I'd love to see how it works up in other yarn weights!

If you'd like to have a go at the pattern, click on the button below and it will take you to the Ravelry store - you don't have to be a member to access it.



Don't forget, if you have a go at this shawl, I'd love it if you could show me your finished photos - send me a link to your blog or let me know your Ravelry username so I can share your pics (with your permission, of course).

Thanks, see you soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment