Tuesday, 24 January 2017

Happy Birthday To Me!

It's my birthday today!

I was hesitating to say how old I am, and then I thought, why? It's nothing to be embarrassed about, is it? I'm 38 years old, and grateful for every day that I've been alive. Not wanting to put a dampener on things, but I've had a couple of near misses, a couple of touch and go moments where it looked like it was just about all over, so I'm ecstatic to have got to 38!

So I thought I'd celebrate my birthday with an early morning grocery delivery - oh yes, I know how to live! Actually, it wasn't that early, between 7 and 9am, but I got up at 5.30am. I'm trying to get up early every day, even when I don't have to. Apparently, it helps you sleep better, so there is a method in my madness. I'm going to write a post about it soon.

I came downstairs and made myself a toffee nut latte and had two paracetamols for my breakfast. Did I mention that I had two wisdom teeth removed just over a couple of weeks ago? Jeez, it's been traumatic! The bruising and swelling has just about gone now, but I'm still getting quite a bit of jaw ache. Anyway, whilst sipping my coffee, I did a few puzzles. Every now and again I buy puzzle books and go a bit mad with them for a while, till I get it out of my system. My favourite puzzles are these logic problems, and also the skeleton crosswords where you fill in the answers and the black squares as well.



Once the shopping had arrived and we'd all had breakfast, Little Hare (my son) helped me open my presents - a couple of boxes of chocolates. My main present had actually arrived a couple of weeks ago, but Chris had let me see it straight away, to check if it was ok. Look at this thing of beauty:



Before Christmas, Chris asked me for a list of present ideas, and one of the things I asked for was a wooden yarn bowl. I'd had my eye on one on Etsy for ages, that was quite unique because it was one of the only ones I'd seen which had a lid, but when I finally decided to treat myself, it had sold. I managed to find a picture of it to show Chris, and wondered if he'd be able to find something similar. As it happens, Chris knows someone who does wood-turning in his spare time, as a hobby, and he showed him the photo of the Etsy one, and he made this for me! How awesome is it? It's made from sweet chestnut, and it's silky smooth. Absolutely love it!

This afternoon I made my birthday cake. I could pretend I made it from scratch, but it's actually a Betty Crocker cake mix! Even the buttercream icing is out of a tub! It's a red velvet cake, but it doesn't look very red to me.


We went for an evening meal. and when we came home Little Hare wanted to put candles on the cake, but we only had a 1 and a 3, so I briefly became 7 years younger!


The cake is delicious, I fully recommend Betty Crocker.

So another year older, but not wiser, since I'm minus two wisdom teeth! 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment